Performix SST is a thermogenic weight management supplement which is available in both capsule and powder form. However, the differences in their ingredients have raised some eyebrows. Although they carry the same name, there are some definite differences between them and their ingredient list.
According to their official website, their unique selling point is their TERRA Intelligent Dosing Technology, which has not yet been introduced in the market. However, we are not readily impressed by that and will do an in-depth review to find out if the product lives up to its hype or not.
The Secret Formula
Here is a list of ingredients of Performix SST:
- Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) 10 mg (50% RDA)
- Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg (16,667% RDA)
- Caffeine Anhydrous [200mg]
- Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root/leaf), [std. to 8% Withanolides, and 32% Oligosaccharides]
- Advantra Z, Bitter Orange (Citrus aurantium) extract (fruit), [supplying synephrine, N-Methyltyramine, Hordenine, Tyramine, and Octopamine]
- Synephrine HCl
- Yohimbine HCl
- Mucuna pruriens extract
- BioPerine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) extracts (fruit)
How Does It Work?
Performix SST works by using an intelligent compound release system, known as “Terra Smart Release System”, that facilitates a controlled delivery of all the ingredients, controlling the amount and time at which the ingredients will be introduced to digestion. The Performix SST capsules feature a PH resistant covering, which is the result of the latest micro-layering technology. These different layers will dissolves at different points of digestions, ensuring that the compounds are released, when digestive system will be most receptive to them. The capsules contain hundreds of minuscule balls, which contain the ingredients and each one is made with a different PH level, meaning that each ball will dissolve at a specific time.
There are four Terra phases:
Terra Phase 1 (0-2 hours)
Introduction Phase: In this stage, the first balls are dissolved, providing the body with necessary stimulants and energy boosters. The body will continue to burn more calories, as it spends energy and the body temperature continues to increase.
Terra Phase 2 (2-4 hours)
Chill Phase: The second set of ingredients can cause cold sweats, due to the constantly increasing body temperature.
Terra Phase 3 (4-6 hours)
Sustain And Block Phase: At this point in time, the micro balls will released the main ingredients to maintain and sustain the thermogenic mechanism. This is the point when your body will reach its core temperature, and all the ingredients will be released into the digestive stream, facilitating the fat burning system.
Terra Phase 4 (6-8 hours)
Transition Phase: At this stage, the body needs recovery and the capsules release the last of its ingredients that aids the body recover after intense training. The last set of ingredients included a 1000 mcg dose of B-12 that can cause a crashing effect in some users, but to some it can bring about a refreshing feeling.
Here are the reasons to consider this product as your next purchase:
- Performix SST is available in both powder and capsule form, so users have a choice to pick the option that suits them best.
- Advantra Z (also known as Bitter Orange or Synephrine HCL). It is a common ingredient used for suppressing appetite, but for some users it can be quite potent.
- Yohimbine, which is a part of an African root and can dilate blood vessels, decrees blood pressure, and there is some research, which proves that it can cause weight loss.
- Sensoril Brand Ashwagandha is a natural stress reliever and antidepressant and can be useful in weight management due to its ability to decrease stress hormones in the body.
- Caffeine is a powerful stimulant compound that has been used in almost every fat burning supplement. It can break down fats by breaking down lipolysis and can provide much needed motivation, energy and focus required during intense training sessions and workouts. It can help the body stay motivated to prolong the workout, thus burning more energy and calories in the process.
- Mucuna Pruriens is a tropical plant that can improve bodily functions and relax the mind. It can also enhance the production of dopamine in the body, which is ideal for promoting weight loss.
- Vitamin B12 is not naturally produced by the body and is used by the body to convert fats into energy that can help the user avoid the feeling of “crashing” after an intensive day.
Its effects can be maximized if taken on an empty stomach. Take one capsule of Performix SST in the morning before breakfast, to indentify your energy levels and your reaction to it.
After your tolerance grows, increase your dosage up to 2 capsules, taken before breakfast.
The manufacturer advises to not take Performix SST capsules for more than 5 hours of sleeping.
Potential Side Effects
Although the Terra technology is quite fancy, that doesn’t mean that this product is perfect and without any side effects. Here are some of the most common ones.
- Increase in heart rate and blood pressure
- Heart palpitations
- A chance of a heart attack or a stroke
- Increased urination
- Inability to control urination
- Loss of appetite blurred vision stomach problems
- A fishy body odour
- Drooling vomiting
- Sinus pain sleep problems
- Anxiety or agitation
- Frequent urination
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Slurred speech
- Increased saliva
The long list of side effect makes us wary to give this product a thumbs up, however if you are eager to try the latest Terra technology, we will leave that choice up to you.