In order to help your efforts at sweating it out at the gym and lifting weights, you can take fat burner supplements to aid you in your workouts. However, not all fat burner supplements are built the same way, which means some fat burning formulas may cause more harm than good.
With the fat burner market booming, several supplements out there promise to increase your energy, speed up your metabolism, and suppress your hunger. Therefore, making a decision on which one would be the safest to use is difficult. You do not want to achieve your muscular physique at the expense of your health.
In the past, fat burner supplements have caused bodybuilding enthusiasts to suffer from horrible side effects caused by a fat burner supplement such as the banned Ephedra.
The Decision to Ban Ephedra
In its hay day, Ephedra was a reigning fat burner supplement, which met its untimely demise at the height of its soaring popularity.
Over 2,000 years ago, the ancient Chinese used Ephedra to treat a variety of different ailments such as chills, lack of perspiration, aching joints, wheezing, cough, edema, and asthma. In the circle of bodybuilders, Ephedra gained a large following. Its ability to increase the basal metabolic rate (BMR) meant more calories burnt at a faster rate. Even though bodybuilders got the results they wanted, it came at a high price, their health! Here is the astonishing list of side effects resulting from prolonged use of Ephedra:
- Did you know the Food and Drug Administration reported that out of the 33 victims of seizures over a span of seven years, 27 victims used Ephedra?
- Ephedra can cause cheat pain by stimulating the heart and making the pain worse.
- It can cause long QT interval syndrome or irregular heartbeat.
- Exceeding the dosage of Ephedra may cause anxiety or worsen it.
- People with diabetes should not take it, as it can increase the circulation problems. It also interferes with blood sugar and blood pressure level, increasing it.
- It can cause tremors.
- It can affect the thyroid, making the symptoms worse.
- Ephedra contains ephedrine, which is an active ingredient that can form kidney stones.
- Suffers of narrow angle glaucoma should not use Ephedra, as it can make the condition worse.
- Suffers of adrenal gland tumor should not use Ephedra, as it may make the symptoms of the disease worse.
Would you want to use a fat burner supplement, which stated all the dangerous side effects you may develop? You would not even want to place an order for one. No one in their right mind wants to use fat burner supplement with life threatening side effects.
Has the Market for Fat Burner Supplements Waned Down?
The fat burner supplement market was valued at an astounding $60.5 billion in 2014.
Just because there was one bad apple in the lot does not make all fat burner supplements bad apples. Meaning that fat burners, even after the surprising revelation of side effects contained in Ephedra became public knowledge, the fat burner supplement market still continued to thrive. For the simple reason, they work!
Even though you will get results, you will still be in the firing line of having a side effect due to the ingredients that make up the formula. From the ingredients, you can distinguish, which fat burner supplement will work the best and provide you with positive results. Here are three fat burner ingredients that tell you right off the bat that this fat burner product is the right one:
- Caffeine: Caffeine has the ability to help you burn fat by increasing your energy levels throughout the day. Bodybuilders need caffeine for another reason, which is to increase strength, enhance muscle endurance, reverse morning sickness, and improve anaerobic performance.
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea extract comes from the leaves of the green tea plant. It contains catechin, which is an ingredient responsible for providing several health benefits of tea. One of the benefits is weight loss. It decreases abdominal fat, reduces fat mass, and increases fat lost through exercise.
It achieves it fat burning ability by slowing down enzymes that degrade catecholamines, which are chemicals that force your body to burn stored fat into energy.
- Green Coffee Extract: Green coffee extract is a supplement taken from green coffee beans. It contains high levels of a substance called chlorogenic acid. It can help you lose weight if taken in high dosages.
Apart from these ingredients, you should also lean towards fat burner supplements, which are created using herbal and organic ingredients.
Which Fat Burner Supplement Should You Use?
By now, you are wondering what four are trending at the top of a bodybuilder’s list of fat burner supplements. Out of the four fat burners, Black OPS, Shred Matrix, OxySport Black, and Instant Knockout, which one is the best? The reviews on each followed by the verdict will help you make the right decision.
1. OxySport Black
OxySport Black is a popular fat burner in the market. It contains familiar ingredients, which you will find in most fat burning formulas. However, some of the ingredients effectiveness on the fat burning process is questionable. For instance, it contains L-Carnitine, Lipase, and Capsimase.
L-Carnitine supplements alone show little effectiveness in burning fat, Lipase has two faults, there is no research indicating its ability to shed fat and it stops working when it reaches the stomach, as it is acid resistant, and Capsimax can increase the metabolic process, but it cannot curb hunger. Not all is bad about OxySport Black, as it does include a few commendable ingredients.
Research on Sinetrol XPUR suggests that it can increase the weight loss process. Theacrine, another ingredient, can boost energy levels and increase the effects of caffeine. The addition of cinnamon extract can help control your appetite and regulate blood sugar levels.
Verdict: With OxyBlack Sport, you will burn moderate amounts of fats, but not as much as you can with other fat burners products available.
2. Shred Matrix
Shred Matrix is another fat burner making the rounds lately of an effective fat burner, but the question is if the claims are true? In Shred Matrix, you will find guarana, which has no special function in terms of weight loss, caffeine and green tea extract; they are ineffective fat burners, Saw Palmetto will increase free testosterone levels in the body, but will not affect weight loss, and Eleuthero will increase the fat burning process.
Verdict: Most of the ingredients have the same function as caffeine with some not proven to work towards improving a certain function. Moreover, the entire blend is 2437.5 mg, meaning it does not include optimal doses of ingredients for them to work efficiently on the body.
3. Black OPS
Even though Black OPS contains ingredients such caffeine, taurine, green tea and cayenne, which all function to boost metabolism to increase weight loss, the reviews by users suggest otherwise. The reviews on the effectiveness of Black OPS have been less than favorable, questioning its claim to be an effective fat burner.
Verdict: Try a fat burner supplement, which has received praise from users who have tried it already.
4. Instant Knockout
Instant Knockout claims that it contains ingredients supported by research to work towards weight loss. It contains the top three ingredients that make a fat burner product effective, green tea extract, caffeine, and green coffee extract. The ingredients will help boost your metabolism, increase your energy, and help you burn fat.
Verdict: Instant Knockout does not have any negative side effects, as it made using natural ingredients. So far, reviews by users have been generous.
Instant Knockout makes it to the top, as the most effective fat burner on the market right now. If you are to choose a fat burner to burn calories off, Instant Knockout may be your answer to actually achieving results. It’s safe and natural and you can find more information at the official website www.InstantKnockout.com.